Minor Requirements: 24 credits
- Required Core
- UGS 2230: Global Citizenship
- UGS 2235: Global Citizenship
- Elective Courses
- Complete 12 credits of electives, with no more than two courses coming from a single track (FF, HF, AS, SF, BF).(approved courses)
- Required Core
- BA Students: must complete at least 6 upper division credits of the same language.
- BS, BSW, BFA Students: must complete at least 6 credit hours of the same language at any level.
Notes: The credit/no credit grading option is not available for students in the minor.
Grade Requirements: All major courses must be taken for a minimum letter grade of C or better.
Why Global Citizenship?
Did you ever stop to think that you can't leave for your job in the morning without being dependent on most of the world? You get up in the morning and go to the bathroom and reach over for the sponge, and that's handed to you by a Pacific Islander. You reach for a bar of soap, and that's given to you at the hands of a Frenchman. And then you go into the kitchen to drink your coffee for the morning, and that's poured into your cup by a South American.
And maybe you want tea: that's poured into your cup by a Chinese [person]. Or maybe you're desirous of having cocoa for breakfast, and that's poured into your cup by a West African. And then you reach over for your toast, and that's given to you at the hands of an English-speaking farmer, not to mention the baker. And before you finish eating breakfast in the morning, you've depended on more than half of the world.
--Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., “A Christmas Sermon on Peace,” 1967
Note: This minor is no longer available for new students who will be starting Fall 2017. Please consider the Global Citizenship minor instead.
Minor Requirements: 18 credits
- Required Core (choose two)
- BUS 2900: International Business
- HIST 1510: World History
- POLS 2100: Intro to International Politics
- Focus Electives
- Complete 12 credits of upper-division courses from a selected focus
Grade Requirements: All major courses must be taken for a minimum letter grade of C- or better.